The Laboratoires Boiron were informed, through the media again, that the government would have decided to stop the reimbursement of homeopathic medicines, while a meeting with Mrs. Buzyn is scheduled this next Thursday July 11 at 12.00 on her demand.
Such a decision would be incomprehensible and incoherent:
- Incomprehensible compared to the advantages of this therapy when more than 50% of the French citizens resort to it, more than 1.2 million of them has signed a petition against the end of the reimbursement and that 60% of the health professionals consider it as effective,
- Incoherent while the WHO suggests every State to include complementary medicines in their public health policy.
Depriving the French of a freedom of choice is a complete wavelength with the demands and needs of patients.
The Laboratoires Boiron, shocked by such an inappropriate and unusual method, have asked to be received urgently by the President of the Republic. Boiron will do anything to oppose a possible decision of non-reimbursement that goes against a practice that is eminently popular.
If this measure would be actually taken, its impact would be heavy for the Laboratoires Boiron and for a whole industry of excellence both in France and potentially abroad:
- 60% of Boiron business's is made in France, i.e. € 358,55 thousand of sales in 2018,
- Nearly 70% of this business is made by reimbursable medicines,
- About 1,000 jobs will be directly impacted by the end of the reimbursement, everywhere in France,
- Beyond the Laboratoires Boiron, nearly 2,400 subcontractors will also be affected.
Our next updates:
July 18, 2019: after the close of the stock market, publication of the sales on June 30, 2019.
Person responsible for financial information: Valérie Lorentz-Poinsot
Contact for financial information: Fabrice Rey
Investor relations: +33 (0) 126.96.36.199.43 - e-mail: email@example.com
ISIN Code: FR0000061129 (BOI) - Bloomberg: BOI FP - Reuters: BOIR.PA
The group's financial information is online at: www.boironfinance.com