Boulogne-Billancourt, 24 May 2018
Report on Sequana's Combined Annual Shareholders meeting of 24 May 2018
Reappointment of corporate officers approved by shareholders
The Sequana Combined Annual Shareholders meeting held in Paris on 24 May 2018 and chaired by Mr Pascal Lebard, approved all of the resolutions within the purview of an ordinary general meeting, with the exception of the 4th resolution on related-party agreements entered into with Bpifrance Participations for the purpose of financing the Group, due to the absence of a quorum.
In particular, it approved
- the parent company and consolidated financial statements for 2017,
- the reappointment of Jean-Pascal Beaufret, Christine Bénard and Jean-Yves Durance as directors,
- compensation paid or payable to the Chief Executive Officer for 2017,
- executive corporate officer compensation policy for 2018,
- renewal of the term of office of Constantin Associés as principal Statutory Auditor.
In the absence of a quorum, the meeting was unable to validly deliberate on the resolutions that fall within the purview of an extraordinary shareholders' meeting or on the 4th resolution of the ordinary general meeting.
The Combined Annual Shareholders meeting will be convened for a second time on Thursday 21 June 2018 at 4.30pm at the Company's head office at 8 rue de Seine, 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt – France.
Sequana (Euronext Paris: SEQ) is a major player in the paper industry, boasting leading positions in each of its two businesses:
Antalis: leader in B2B distribution of Papers and industrial Packaging and number two in the distribution of Visual Communication media in Europe with around 5,500 employees based in 43 countries.
Arjowiggins: global producer of recycled and specialty papers with around 2,300 employees.
Sequana reported sales of €2.8 billion in 2017 and employed some 7,800 people worldwide.