Growth of 7.9% in first-quarter 2018
| IFRS – € million |
|1st quarter |
|1st quarter 2017 |
|Change % |
2018 vs 2017 IFRS 5
|Building Materials Trading||86.5||82.6||+4.8%||+6.0%|
- Figures have not been audited.
- "Other" figures are restated for the disposal of VM Piscines and for the closure of LNTP Tours and activity in China.
Buoyant start to the year with turnover up 7.9%
HERIGE Group posted turnover of €140.2 million for the first three months of 2018, up 7.9% like-for-like on the same period in 2017, despite one working day less and unfavorable weather conditions.
All Group activities contributed to this growth.
- Turnover for Building Materials Trading climbed 6.0% like-for-like, propelled by a positive market environment.
- Concrete Industry reported growth of 4.9%, boosted by a volume effect primarily concerning ready-mix concrete but penalized by bad weather in February and March.
- Industrial Joinery benefited from France's latest energy efficiency measures (CITE) and saw turnover rise sharply, up 14.1% on the back of sales for its new product, AM-X, and activity for its Closures unit.
Outlook and developments
HERIGE expects to capitalize on a continued recovery in the construction sector in 2018.
In the medium term, the Group will focus on achieving profitable and lasting growth for its business divisions, with an industrial investment program to boost productivity (70% of all investment devoted to Concrete and Industrial Joinery).
In the medium term, HERIGE is focusing its strategic roadmap on its business divisions in order to pursue profitable and lasting growth, with an industrial investment program to boost productivity (70% of all investment devoted to Concrete and Industrial Joinery).
Next publication: Turnover for Q2 2018 on 24 July 2018 (after the stock exchange closes)
All our financial communications are available on our website www.groupe-herige.fr
HERIGE Group focuses on three sectors of the building industry: Building Materials Trading, the Concrete Industry and Industrial Joinery. Originally based in the Vendée region, HERIGE currently employs more than 2,300 people and has a strong presence in Western France.
HERIGE is listed on Euronext Paris, Compartment C
Indices: CAC SMALL, CAC MID & SMALL, CAC ALL TRADABLE, ENTERNEXT©PEA-PME 150
Codes: ISIN FR000 0066540, Ticker: HERIG
Bloomberg HERIG.FP, Reuters HERIG.PA
Alain MARION - Chairman of the Executive Board
Caroline LUTINIER - Head of Group Communication
Tel: +33 (0)2 51 08 08 08
ACTUS finance & communication
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 77 – E-mail: email@example.com
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 93 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org