AKKA TECHNOLOGIES: Consolidated revenue up by 80.1%
- Pro forma revenue: €690.1 million
- Over 50% of pro forma revenue generated outside of France
Consolidated revenue (January 1st to September 30th)
|in € m (non audited)
|Rest of World
Revenue of the first nine months of 2012 includes Aeroconseil Group, consolidated since October 1st, 2011, and MBtech Group, consolidated since April 1st, 2012.
1. Revenue: €592.4 million
- Consolidated revenue for the first nine months of 2012 totalled €592.4 million, up by 80.1% compared to the previous year. This growth was primarily due to the consolidation of MBtech and the upbeat momentum in the Rest of the World. Organic growth totalled 2.4%. At constant scope, the transport sector increased by 6.5%. In Q3 2012, consolidated revenue totalled €218.4 million vs. €103.9 million in Q3 2011. MBtech contributed €88.8 million.
- In France, revenue remained stable compared to the previous year on a constant scope basis and consolidated revenue increased by 18.6%. The environment remained difficult in the automotive sector. The aeronautics and rail sectors continued their upward trend, increasing by 18.6% and 16.1%, respectively. The Group's decision to position itself as a high value-added specialist in all sectors allowed AKKA subsidiary Real Fusio(1) to work together with EDF in order to create a 3D serious game - an e-learning project that reproduces real-life conditions - providing fire-fighting best practices to its employees.
- Germany increased by 31.3% at constant scope, with its historical subsidiary AKKA Germany pursuing its strong growth. MBtech contributed €164 million to year-to-date consolidated revenue.
The diversification process has been launched. BMW has recently chosen MBtech to work on various projects including the development of a new car body design. Airbus has also recently selected MBtech to conduct its project entitled "Operational steering and blocking point solving for A400M-line support".
- Consolidated revenue for the Rest of the World doubled (up 103.1%) and increased by 16.2% on a constant scope basis. All countries displayed positive growth, with Belgium up by 13.3%, Italy up by 20.6% and Romania up by 17.8%. AKKA Technologies has been selected as project manager (production and testing) for the Galileo project (satellite navigation), led and co-financed by the European Union. Daimler's presence in China and its desire to develop its or a cooperation with AKKA suggest a significant and secure growth potential in a rapidly expanding market.
- The European Union has chosen AKKA Technologies' research and development center in partnership project with BRGM (Geological and Mining Research Bureau) to conduct the InGeoCloudS project (INspired GEOdata CLOUD Services).
The project's aim is to find innovative and effective solutions for creating and sharing environmental data.
- Group pro forma revenue totalled €690.1 million in the first nine months of 2012, of which 48% was generated in France, 40% in Germany and 12% in the Rest of the World. The transport sector represented 82% of total revenue.
2. Ensuring structural continuity in an ever-expanding Group
- To manage its change in size, AKKA is restructuring and changing its governance with the creation of three business units: France, Germany and Rest of World, managed by a CEO / CFO tandem.
- France, which is facing a particularly difficult macro-economic environment, especially in the automotive sector, is adjusting its positioning and remains a main pillar of the Group's strong and balanced base.
- The integration of MBtech is moving along according to plan with an organization structuring in order to accelerate its deployment in line with AKKA's business model of sectoral, geographical and industry balance and to increase its profitability.
- In the Rest of the World, new development opportunities were identified in order to reach a critical mass and expand AKKA's foothold outside of Europe.
Leader in France and in Germany - Leader in the Automotive and the Aeronautics, AKKA Technologies now has a unique positioning.
More than 10,000 engineers in 20 countries leverage their solid expertise, provide sustainable project solutions and focus on serving our customers.
Next press release: Q4 revenue, February 7th, 2013 after market close
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Let's share our passion for technology."
AKKA Technologies is a European Engineering and Technology Consulting Group that supports large manufacturing and tertiary services companies, seeing their projects through from the initial studies and R&D to large-scale production. AKKA Technologies is an expert in various complementary business lines and brings real added value to customers in sectors including aeronautics, automotive, space/defence, consumer electronics, telecommunications, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, steel, energy, rail, marine and service industries.
AKKA Technologies is the leader in the automotive and aeronautics sectors in Germany and France, and thanks to the mobility of its staff and its international positioning, it collaborates on state-of-the-art technology projects around the world.
AKKA Technologies has more than 10,000 employees in over 20 countries, including Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Italy, Morocco, Netherlands, Romania, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkei, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and USA,. AKKA's focus is on building a Group with revenue of €1 billion, of which 50% outside of France.
AKKA Technologies is listed on Euronext Paris TM - Segment B, ISIN code FR0004180537.
Indices CAC® Small, CAC® Mid & Small, CAC® All-Tradable, CAC® All-Share
For more information, please visit www.akka.eu
Nicolas Valtille - Group VP - Tel: +33 (0)4 78 92 60 83 - email@example.com
Delphine Méric - Investor Relations - Tel: +33 (0)6 81 20 97 14 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amalia Naveira - analyst/investor relations - Tel: +33 (0)4 72 18 04 97 - email@example.com
Marie-Claude Triquet - Press Relations - Tel: +33 (0)4 72 18 04 93 - firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) Real Fusio is a services company specialized in 3D and virtual reality.
In January 2010, AKKA Technologies has acquired an equity stake in Real Fusio in order to
dispose of leading edge technology and enable its clients to use 3D in their product design