S1 2012: Consolidated revenue up to 66%
Consolidated revenue for the 1st half year (January 1st - June 30th)
|Unaudited consolidated data - in €M
|Rest of the World
The 1st half year 2012 includes Aeroconseil, consolidated since October 1st, 2011 and MBtech Gmbh as of April 1st, 2012.
1. First half year revenue amounted to €374 M
- At the end of June, the Group's consolidated revenue reached €374 M, growing by 66% compared to 2011. Organic growth of 2.6% had been by international business on constant perimeter, but had also been penalized by higher than expected leave taken and a decrease in legal working days in May in France.
On an AKKA stand-alone basis, the mobility sector grew by 5.8% benefiting from the dynamics in aeronautics, in aerospace, in railway and despite the heterogeneity of the automotive activity. In the other sectors, slight growth of pharmaceuticals and energy, while defence and telecoms have declined.
The consolidated revenue for Q2 2012 totalled €231.3 M, compared to €111.4 M in 2011.
MBtech and Aeroconseil contributed respectively €95.2 M and €24.1 M.
- French organic growth has remained stable due to a difficult macro-economic context, a very competitive environment and a gloomy automotive industry. This asserts AKKA's strategic decision to accelerate its development in Germany.
- Germany is dynamic. The manufacturing sector, in particular the automotive sector, remains strong and continues to grow. The AKKA Germany subsidiary grew by 27% compared to H1 2011. MBtech generated revenue of €192.9 M in H1, an increase of 8%.
- Rest of the World activities rose by 87%. At €29.6 M, the AKKA stand alone business increased by 17%, driven by Romania and Canada.
Aeroconseil contributed €7.1 M in H1 and MBtech contributed €10.2 M in Q2.
The AKKA Technologies Group's pro forma revenue reached €471.7 M in H1, of which 49% has been generated in France, 39% in Germany and 12% in the Rest of the World. The mobility sector represents 83% of the business.
2. Germany at the core of AKKA Technologies' strategy
- The acquisition of MBtech gave birth to the European leader in the Mobility engineering. Daimler is still a shareholder in MBtech with 35% and will ensure the revenue for the next 5 years.
- Over the past 3 months within the AKKA Group, MBtech has started a serious and serene work on its structures in order to optimize its profitability and productivity.
Furthermore, the sales organization adjustment, the acceleration of its specialist offer and a recruitment plan of 3,000 new employees put the Group on track to a strong and sustainable growth.
- In the medium term, the Group's ambition is to double its revenue in Germany targeting vehicle manufacturers other than Daimler, as well as aeronautics and railway sectors. AKKA's solid financial resources (a gearing target of around 25% by the end of December 2012) endorse these promising growth prospects.
As European leader in the Mobility engineering, AKKA offers individual technological solutions across the whole chain of product conception. More than 10,000 employees across 23 countries are the keystone of a solid knowledge base, sustainable project solutions and a focus on service in our customers' interest.
Next press release: Results of the 1st semester, 4th September 2012 after trading closes
Revenue of the 3rd quarter, 23rd October 2012 after trading closes
“The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Let's share our passion for technology.”
AKKA Technologies, a European Engineering and Technology Consultancy Group, supports major industrial and service sector clients throughout the various phases of their projects, from R&D and design studies to industrial production. Expertise in a range of complementary fields means that AKKA Technologies can offer real added value to its clients in every market segment, including aviation, automotive, space/defence, consumer electronics, telecommunications, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, steel, energy, rail, marine and the service industry.
The mobility of its teams and its international position mean that AKKA Technologies works on projects at the cutting edge of technology all over the world.
The AKKA Technologies Group has over 10,000 employees and bases in over 24 countries: Germany, North America, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, the E.A.U., Spain, France, Hungary, Italy, India, Luxembourg, Morocco, the Netherlands, Poland, the Czech Republic, Romania, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Tunisia. AKKA is focusing on building a group of over €1 billion, 50% of which will be outside France.
AKKA Technologies is listed on EuronextTM Paris - Compartment B - ISIN Code: FR0004180537.
IndicesCAC® Small, CAC® Mid & Small, CAC® All-Tradable, CAC® All-Share
More information at www.akka.eu
Nicolas Valtille - Deputy Managing Director in charge of Finance - Tel.: 04 78 92 60 83 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Delphine Méric - Investor Relations - Tel.: 06 81 20 97 14 - email@example.com
Amalia Naveira - Analyst/investor Relations - Tel.: 04 72 18 04 97 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Marie-Claude Triquet - Press relations - Tel.: 04 72 18 04 93 - email@example.com